During this time, I have used and actively improved many distributions, such as (order of appearance)
- Red Hat
I am involved in a couple of internationalization / localization tasks, concerning greek language.
- I am the administrator of i18ngr list hosted by HELLUG.
- I used to be the administrator of Graphis, where I used to put a lot of personal work. At last this project is no longer needed, so it is now obsolete.
- I have edited the FreeFonts fonts, in order to properly display greek and especially the polytonic glyphs.
- I have helped in many ways to embed the support for Greek language in various distributions, as well as upstream.
I have also been elected as the vice-president of HELLUG for the years 5/2000 to 7/2003.
I am using Linux (usually Ubuntu or Debian stable) both at work, as well as at home. I am also administrator:
- in the Nonlinear Dynamics and Statistical Mechanics Laboratory, in the National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos”
- in the file-related services in Computer Graphics Group, in the University of Athens
- in the past I have also worked in the Network Operation Center of the University of Athens
My love for Linux, has met the love of Open Source movement, which I actively support, use, write, advertize and publish.